Thursday, December 29, 2005

An evening I'd find hard to forget

I haven't been home as early as straight-after school for a very long while.
I don't remember how was it like having dinner at the dining table.
You see I'd usually be back so late that I actually take my food right up to my room for consumption.
(take my time eating. aft wch i can have a quick wash up, clean up and heave my already-battered body into bed.)

So I had dinner. Home-cooked food, mind you.
Spoke to my sister (trust me on this, I rarely talk to her...perhaps we dont have much to talk about. Age gap, I suppose)
Well, I haven't seen her for a very long time... almost 2 and a half weeks you can say.
She was in OZZIE for a holiday, thats 10 days. and for the past few days, I got home late enough not to get any glimpse of my kid sis.

She can be such a twart sometimes, yet this evening, she was about the sweetest child I have ever known my entire life. Exaggerated? we'll see.

So i came thru the front gate to my sister lying back on the sofa with her eyes fixated to the tv, korean drama. she shifted her glance towards me and gave me such a warm smile.

"Hi ED... Thank you for the present."

I see that she's opened it and asked...

"Do you like it? Have you had the chance to play with it?"

IT=Board Game (CSI)

"No............. No one wants to play with me."

She had her eyebrows slightly lifted, with an almost helpless gaze in her eyes when she responded.

You'd probably would have guessed what I did..... (Ya, I had my dinner and then, got her up to my room got my bro to my room and got on with the game. It took us forever to get the game started, it ain't monopoly you know!)

One Love.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home